Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Our mission at Prynt ('Prynt,' 'we,' 'us,' or 'our') is to create tools that inspire communication and imagination. Just press the shutter button on the Prynt Classic to record a complete moment, then print a picture. To relive the full memory, scan the photo with our app and watch your photo come to life on screen!
Because Prynt creates content that lives in both the physical and digital worlds, we designed special protections for your privacy.In order to make sure your memories are safe, we need you, our users, to understand one important thing: each physical photo is the key to your digital creation.As with any key, you can and should choose carefully with whom to share it.
This Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service. If you have any questions about the details of this policy, please contact us.
Click on any of the links below to jump to that section:
- Information we collect
- How we use the information
- Sharing of information
- How long we keep your information
- Your choices about your information
- Users in the European Union
- What happens in the event of a change of control
- Children's privacy
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. What you provide us directly
- Your first and last names, email address, and a password (when you register for a Prynt account).
- Information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., birthdate, picture, phone number). If you choose to connect through a third-party social media site, you will be prompted to set up access to that service and you understand that any information such service may provide to us will be governed by this Policy.
- User Content (e.g. photos, videos, and other materials) that you create through our Service. You own all of the content and information you create through our Services, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings.
- Shipping and billing addresses necessary to provide you with Products or Services. Note that we do not collect your credit card information, rather, it is sent directly to a third-party payment processing service (see 'Commerce Services' for more information).
- Communication between you and Prynt. For example, we may send Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of these Service-related emails.
b. What is collected automatically
We collect information about your activity on our Services. We learn from your usage to improve the experience over time while providing you new features and functionalities. For example, we may collect information such as the frequency of Prynts, or the tools that you use most on our app.
We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system/version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type, language, location, IP address, mobile device phone number, country, and mobile network information. We also collect device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience a crash or any other problems while using our Services.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the websites you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
You may provide your payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code (collectively, 'Payment Information'), along with your billing and shipping addresses, to complete a commerce transaction through our Services. To facilitate future purchases, our third-party payment service may store your Payment Information. Prynt does not store any Payment Information other than your shipping and billing addresses to expedite future purchases. You can remove your shipping address from your account within the app.
We consider your Payment Information and shipping address private and do not make such information public. We collect and store information generated during your purchases made through our Services ('Transaction Data'). We receive information about credit card transactions from a third-party payment service provider or card network ('Registered Card Data').
Log file information
We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a geotag (e.g., to mark the location of photo), comments or other data. This makes User Content more interactive. If you geotag your photo or your scan, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings. See 'Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content' for more information.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
a. The information we use
In addition to the specific uses of information we describe in this Policy, we may use information that we receive to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or on the next time you visit the Services;
- Provide personalized content and information to you, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
b. Where information is processed
Prynt is based in the U.S. Although we welcome users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive as the laws in the country where you live. And while you’re in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests that we consider legitimate.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of Prynt without your explicit consent, except as noted in this Policy.
a. Parties with whom we may share your information
We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, device identifiers, and location data with third-party organizations that help us provide our Service to you ('Service Providers'). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
We may also share certain information, such as cookie data, with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
b. Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content
Both physical and digital
Prynt lets you create memories that live between the physical and digital worlds. Although we control what happens to your digital creations, it is your obligation to control how you share your physical creations.
When you use our Service, you create Prynts, physical pictures associated with digital content. The Prynt Classic allows you to print the picture, creating a physical token for your memory. That token is similar to a key: it allows access to the digital content associated with that picture. When you print a picture, you can define the type of access that physical picture will allow: Public or Private.
This setting will allow anyone who possesses the physical Prynt (ie the printed picture) to access the connected digital content by scanning it through our app. To give others access to the digital content, we use image recognition, which means that any copy of the printed picture will also unlock your secret message. Be mindful of that.
When you set a printed picture as private, you limit access to the digital content. You can choose which individuals will be able to view your digital content by connecting through a third-party service.
Keep in mind that the person to whom you give that access will still need a version of your picture to access the digital creation.
4. How long we keep your information
We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
We also want you to be able to re-print any photo at any time and for that reason, we’ll store the printed photos until you ask us to delete them.
If you ever decide to stop using Prynt, you can just contact us.
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
a. Your account information and profile/privacy settings
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the 'unsubscribe link' provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
b. Download My Data
You can contact us to obtain a copy of information that isn’t available in our app in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
6. Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, you should know that Prynt corp. is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
a. Bases for using your information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called “legal bases” and, at Prynt, we typically rely on one of four:
- Contract. One reason we might use your information is because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you purchase paper or accessories from your account, we need to use some of your information to collect payment and make sure your receive your order.
- Legitimate interest. Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, making your photos scannable, providing customer support, and helping you create and share scan records with your friends. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don’t outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so. Some of the legitimate business reasons for using your information are Develop New Features & Improve Existing Ones, Keep Things Up & Running, Keep Our Services Safe & Secure, Reach Out to You. We never use any information about you to try and show you ads on our platform or anywhere else.
- Consent. In some cases we’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
- Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users. Our policy is to notify users when we receive legal process seeking their account information, with some exceptions.
b. Your right to object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we’ve provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you don’t want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we’ve given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things in the app. If there are other types of information you don’t agree with us processing, you can contact us.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.
Complaints? If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you’re based in the UK you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Prynt or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User Content. The buyer or transferee will be required to honor the commitments in this Policy.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13 years old. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that a child under 13 years old has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.